- Is there a submission fee to submit my abstract?
There is no fee to submit an abstract. However, if your abstract is accepted, all abstract presenters are responsible for their own registration and other fees associated with attending the International Congress, whether in-person or virtually
- Do I have to have an active membership with MDS to submit an abstract?
You do not have to be an MDS Member to submit an abstract, but current members do receive additional points on their cumulative application score. To apply for or renew your MDS Membership, please visit www.movementdisorders.org/Membership.
- In what order should authors be listed on my submission, and on how many abstracts may an author be listed?
The order in which you arrange author names on the submission website is how they will be published upon acceptance.
You may be the first author on a maximum of three (3) submitted abstracts; there is no limit to how many abstracts you may be a contributing author.
- May I submit a case report?
Yes, if you use the standard abstract format.
- May I submit an abstract that has been previously presented?
Yes, if the presentation information is included in your citation. See submission guidelines for further information
- May I submit an abstract that has been previously published?
You may NOT submit an abstract that has been previously published, even if it was published by MDS. Abstracts determined to have been previously published will be rejected
- What if I cannot travel to Madrid due to travel restrictions or other issues related to COVID-19?
All accepted abstracts will be published and included on the Congress virtual platform, regardless of in-person attendance status at the International Congress in Madrid. However, MDS strongly recommends attending for the exceptional networking and collaboration opportunities