Information For Press and Media
As the largest global event dedicated to the field of Movement Disorders, the International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders ® acts as a launchpad to share hundreds of incredible scientific advancements each year. Researchers, clinicians and leaders converge to collaborate, elevate the latest findings, and direct the global conversation across the field.
We invite members of the media to join us in sharing the emerging news as this pivotal event unfolds.
Members of the working media may receive waived registration fees for the International Congress in person, with valid credentials.
Only representatives of the following media will be registered. You will need to provide your credentials in order to receive a press registration:
- General circulation newspapers, magazines or wire services
- Medical or health care publications
- Broadcast media
- Website writers
Advertising or marketing representatives will not be registered as press. Educational groups and nonprofits are also ineligible for press registration.
MDS considers the following to be official credentials for media:
- A recognized press card
- Business card or official contributor profile clearly showing media affiliation (a print, online or broadcast news organization) and position (editor, writer, producer, reporter, etc.)
- A letter on official letterhead from an editor of a recognized publication or a producer of a broadcast program certifying that the individual is covering the conference for the respective organization
MDS considers the following to be official credentials for freelancers:
- A letter of assignment from a medium such as those listed above.
- If you wish to attend the meeting without a specific editorial assignment, you must present credentials indicating membership in a recognized professional communications association, or submit published samples of your work along with appropriate identification.
In an effort to assist members of the press with planning coverage, MDS issues press releases in advance of the International Congress. However, all releases pertaining to abstracts and other research presented at the MDS International Congress are embargoed until the beginning of the event.
For 2024, all abstract embargoes will lift Septembder 27, 2024, 08:00 EST (local Philadelphia, PA, USA time).
Onsite, no video or audio recording is allowed inside meeting rooms, sessions or the exhibition hall. On the Virtual Platform, no screen capturing or recording of on-demand sessions is permitted.
However, press will be permitted to record audio for personal note-taking purposes. Press representatives may cover all opening symposia, plenary and parallel sessions, Meet the Expert and video sessions, skills workshops and exhibits of the International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders with the exception of sessions and meetings that are designated as restricted, closed or by invitation only in the Final Program.
*No exceptions will be made to the following:
Representatives of public relations/communication and pharmaceutical organizations do not have access to press conferences or other press related materials. Any individual with a press badge who sells, markets or represents a company for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any registrant or exhibitor will immediately forfeit press credentials for this and subsequent meetings.
- News releases regarding scientific presentations made at the MDS International Congress must be reviewed in advance by the MDS Communications staff and must be embargoed for release until September 27, 2024, 08:00 EST. All materials must be submitted to the MDS Communications staff for review by September 23, 2023.
- Materials may not indicate MDS endorsement or use the MDS logo.
- Non-MDS news briefings or other media events are prohibited in meeting areas, including hotels, during the MDS International Congress.
- Under no conditions will lists of past or current registered press be made available.
Individuals, companies, organizations or institutions found in violation of these policies will have MDS International Congress access revoked. Additional sanctions may apply.