Late-Breaking Abstracts will be considered for the 2023 International Congress if they fulfill the following criteria:
- The topic must be of critical importance to the clinical/scientific community and/or the public.
- The abstract must be report data that became available for public dissemination only after the deadline of the regular abstract submission (March 15, 2023), and has not been previously published or presented.
- The study and results reported should be novel (not simply an extension of previously published work) or be definitive of confirming or refuting other critically important work.
- The following categories are typically suited to the main poster sessions and will not be considered for Late-Breaking Abstracts: case reports, qualitative surveys, reviews of existing treatments, practice reviews, rating scale validation, small confirmatory studies, small scale epidemiology studies, research proposals.
- The Late-Breaking Abstract program is not designed to favor investigators who inadvertently missed the deadline for regular abstract submission.
Late-Breaking Abstract selection strictly adheres to the criteria noted, and many high-quality abstracts are rejected on the basis of not meeting these criteria as outlined. Historically, MDS only accepts an average of 25-30% of Late-Breaking Abstract submissions annually.
The following types of studies are NOT appropriate for the Late-Breaking Abstract program and will not be considered for acceptance:
- Case reports or small series of cases
- Replication studies
- Descriptions of study designs or plans with no presentation of data
- Extensions of previously reported studies
- Qualitative surveys
- Reviews of existing treatments
- Practice reviews
- Rating scale validation
- Research proposals
The Late-Breaking Abstract submission process is not intended for regular abstract submissions that inadvertently missed the 2023 deadline, and does not accept encore submissions.
Late-Breaking Abstract Publication
All Late-Breaking Abstracts will be published on the MDS International Congress website.
To cite an MDS published Late-Breaking Abstract, follow this example:
[Author’s Last Name], [Author’s First and Middle Initials]. (year). International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders. Late-Breaking Abstracts, [Abstract Title], [pages].
Retrieved from https://www.mdscongress.org/About/Past-future.
Late-Breaking Abstract Archive
View the archive of International Congress Late-Breaking Abstracts:
Feel free to contact the MDS International Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.