Members of the working media receive waived registration fees for the International Congress in Hong Kong. Please contact Elizabeth Clausen, Assistant Director of Communications, for more information.
Only representatives of the following media will be registered and should provide their credentials in order to receive a press registration:
- General circulation newspapers, magazines or wire services
- Medical or health care publications
- Broadcast media
- Website writers
MDS considers the following to be official credentials for media:
- A recognized press card
- Business card clearly showing media affiliation (a print, online or broadcast news organization) and position (editor, writer, producer, reporter, etc.)
- A letter on official letterhead from an editor of a recognized publication or a producer of a broadcast program certifying that the individual is covering the conference for the respective organization
Advertising or marketing representatives will not be registered as press.
Freelancers must produce a letter of assignment from a medium such as those listed above.
Freelancers who wish to attend the meeting without a specific editorial assignment must present credentials indicating membership in a recognized professional communications association, or submit published samples of their work along with appropriate identification. Freelancers who wish further interpretation of this policy are encouraged to contact Elizabeth Clausen, Assistant Director of Communications.
No video or audio recording is allowed inside meeting rooms, sessions or the exhibition hall. However, press will be permitted to record audio for personal note-taking purposes. Press representatives may cover all opening symposia, plenary and parallel sessions, Meet the Expert and video sessions, skills workshops and exhibits of the International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders with the exception of sessions and meetings that are designated as restricted, closed or by invitation only in the Final Program.
In an effort to assist members of the press with planning coverage, MDS issues press releases in advance of the International Congress. However, all releases pertaining to regular abstracts presented at the MDS International Congress are embargoed until 9:00 on the day of presentation. Late-Breaking and Study Group abstracts are embargoed until 9:00 on Saturday, October 6, 2018.
MDS Press Policies for Exhibitor/Industry/Public Relations Professionals
*No exceptions will be made to the following policies:
- Representatives of public relations/communication and pharmaceutical organizations do not have access to press conferences or other press related materials. Any individual with a press badge who sells, markets or represents a company for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any registrant or exhibitor will immediately forfeit press credentials for this and subsequent meetings.
- News releases regarding scientific presentations made at the MDS International Congress must be reviewed in advance by the MDS Communications staff and must be embargoed for release until the time of presentation at the meeting or news briefing.
- All materials for review must be submitted to the MDS Communications staff by September 28, 2018.
- Materials may not indicate MDS endorsement or use the MDS logo.
- Non-MDS news briefings or other media events are prohibited in meeting areas, including hotels, during the MDS International Congress.
- Under no conditions will lists of past or current registered press be made available.
Contact Elizabeth Clausen, Assistant Director of Communications, for more information.
Individuals, companies, organizations or institutions found in violation of these policies will have MDS International Congress access revoked. Additional sanctions may apply.