FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Elizabeth Clausen, +1 414-276-2145, firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Ribbon Highlights Session Recognizes Best Posters from 20th International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders
BERLIN – The annual Blue Ribbon Highlights Session took place on Thursday, June 23rd, during the 20th International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders. This special session provides a critical review of the best poster presentations by a panel of experts, highlighting the relevance, novelty, and quality of both clinical and basic research presented by delegates.
Of the 2,204 abstracts accepted for presentation at this year’s International Congress, only 17 were given this special recognition. The Blue Ribbon Highlights Session was chaired by C. Warren Olanow, New York, NY, USA and Louis Tan, Singapore, and the panel was led by Marie-Francoise Chesselet, Los Angeles, CA, USA, and Caroline Tanner, San Francisco, CA, USA.
The poster numbers chosen for the 2016 Blue Ribbon Highlights include:
- 1046: A missense mutation in RAB39B causes X-linked dominant Parkinson's disease
- LBA 33: PINK1 selectively accumulates at mitochondria-associated membranes during mitophagy and promotes ER-mitochondria tethering and autophagosome formation
- 743: A pathological link between Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
- 593: Exome sequencing in Dementia with Lewy bodies
- 1337: Heart rate variability in LRRK2-associated Parkinson’s disease
- LBA 24: Drug re-positioning for Parkinson's disease dementia
- 1183: Evaluating the natural history of prodromal PD in the PARS cohort
- 654: Epigenome-wide association study of Parkinson’s disease
- 621: Inflammatory profile discriminates clinical subtypes in LRRK2-associated PD
- 1138: Enroll-HD: A global clinical research platform for Huntington’s disease
- 1530: A study on the movement disorder associated with N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor antibody encephalitis
- 2095: KINECT 3: A randomized , double blind, placebo controlled trial of valbenazine (NBI-98854) for tardive dyskinesia
- 916: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of deutetrabenazine for the treatment of tardive dyskinesia (ARM-TD)
- 2012: ADS-5102 (amantadine HCl) extended-release capsules reduced levodopa-induced dyskinesia in the phase 3 EASE LID study
- 133: An international, randomized, controlled trial of focused ultrasound thalamotomy for essential tremor
- 1467: EARLYSTIM: STN-DBS alleviates behavioural side effects of dopamine replacement therapy when compared to best medical treatment
- 708: Clinical and neuroimaging outcomes up to 18 years after fetal tissue transplant in Parkinson’s disease
For complete abstracts, Late Breaking Abstracts and author information, visit: http://www.mdscongress2016.org/Congress-2016/Abstracts.htm
About the 20th International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders: Meeting attendees gather to learn the latest research findings and state-of-the-art treatment options in Movement Disorders, including Parkinson's disease. Over 5,000 physicians and medical professionals from more than 86 countries will be able to view over 2,200 scientific abstracts submitted by clinicians from around the world.
About the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society: The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS), an international society of over 5,000 clinicians, scientists, and other healthcare professionals, is dedicated to improving patient care through education and research. For more information about MDS, visit www.movementdisorders.org.