Sunday, June 19
All International Congress attendees are warmly invited to attend the Welcome Ceremony at the CityCube Berlin. This event is open to all delegates who register to attend this event. There is no additional charge to attend.
MDS Video Challenge
Wednesday, June 22
Reception begins at 19:00
Event begins at 20:00
- Movement Disorders Groups representing different countries will submit Letters of Intent describing their top 1-3 interesting cases for possible presentation at the 2016 MDS Video Challenge. Presentations will entail a very brief clinical description and a well edited video lasting no more than 3 minutes. All cases should have a known diagnosis that will be shared at the end of the presentation. At the time of submission, a designated contact person will be identified by the submitting group who will present the case(s) in Berlin if selected. This presenter should be a fellow or junior MDS member.
- A committee with representation from around the world will select the most interesting and educational cases for presentation at the meeting.
- On the evening of the event, the chosen cases will be presented by the fellow or junior member(s) representing the submitting group. Awards will be given for the most interesting and challenging cases and the Panel of Experts will compete for the highest number of correct diagnoses that they make. Country pride will add an enjoyable spirit of competition to this event.
- The goal of this session is for attendees to learn from a series of unusual, very interesting patients and to see how senior experts approach these types of challenging cases.
- Following the 20th International Congress, the cases presented could be developed further for publication in the MDS Journal.
This event is open to all delegates who register for this event. There is no additional charge to attend. For more information about the MDS Video Challenge, please contact Sarah Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.